Please know that we may amend these procedures as new information becomes available. We will notify our families in advance of any changes.
- Similar to last summer, face coverings will be optional for campers.
- Staff members who are vaccinated will not be required to wear face coverings, regardless of whether they are indoors or outdoors. Staff members who are unvaccinated will be required to wear face coverings indoors, during travel, and during camp activities when social distancing is not possible.
- Campers should bring their own refillable water bottles, snacks, and lunch from home. They will eat with their small groups.
- Campers will take part in regular handwashing as many of our classrooms have handwashing stations.
- During camp activities, we will space campers with as much distance as possible, but ask parents to recognize that distancing six feet is not always possible or practical. Parents should understand that while participating in activities or playing, campers may have close contact with others.
- If a program requires travel by bus, campers will be given their own bus seat and the windows will be kept open.
Campers will not be allowed to attend our programs if they have any of the following symptoms within the past 24 hours:
- Fever (>100.4)
- Sore throat
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Loss of taste and/or smell
Please also keep your child home if anyone in your household or a close contact has been instructed to quarantine or is awaiting test results for COVID-19.
As always, if you have any questions regarding Canterbury Summer Programs, contact Rita Salgado
. If you have specific concerns as to your situation and whether or not your child should attend, please do not hesitate to reach out to our school nurse so that we can discuss and plan together.