X

Giving Tuesday is November 27!

To celebrate 54 years of excellence at Canterbury, will you help us reach our goal of getting 54 donors in 24 hours?
#GivingTuesday #CanterburyGives
GIVE NOW
Admission

Tuition + Fees

By selecting Canterbury School, you are choosing an exceptional education that will expand your child's intellectual resources and guide him or her in the development of values, leadership qualities, and responsibilities to self and community.
We recognize that providing your child an independent school education is an investment in their future. This takes planning and resources. We hope the information on the following pages will guide you in this journey.

Need-based financial assistance is available at Canterbury School in grades 5-11. Canterbury is committed to enrolling talented students from a variety of backgrounds to create a diverse student body.

2018-2019 Tuition & Fees

Tuition  
Pre-K3  
5 Full Days  $10,870
5 Half Days  $7,525
Pre-K4*** & Kindergarten $18,290* 
Grades 1 - 5 $23,300* 
Grades 6 - 12 $25,600** 
Fees  
Application Fee $100
Matriculation Fee (one-time-only fee for new students) $600
Annual Quarterly Payment Plan Service Charge (per child) $250
Annual Monthly Payment Plan Service Charge (per child) $300
Tuition rates include facilities fees, field trips during the school day, PSAT and PLAN testing, proms and dances, homecoming, and one yearbook per family.


Additional Information & Fees

List of 7 items.

  • Extended Day

    Annual Rate$2,445
    Hourly Rate (as needed)$8.00
    Late Pick Up After 5:30 p.m.$5.00 per minute
  • Registration Deposit

    20% of tuition due at time of enrollment (non refundable)
  • Estimated Textbook Costs (Grades 5-12)


    Grades 5 - 6$350
    Grades 7 - 8$350
    Grades 9 - 12$300 - $500
  • AP Exams


    Per Exam - $100
  • Extended Overnight Field Trips


    7th Grade Pathfinder Trip$500
    8th Grade Washington DC Trip$2,300
    9th Grade Calleva Trip$1,500
  • Technology Needed

    See Canterbury's BYOT Plan for specific details
    • Grades 1-3: iPad, Case, Headphones
    • Grades 4-12: Laptop
  • Late Enrollment

    On occasion, and if space is available, Canterbury School will enroll students after the start of the school year. Tuition will be prorated based on the academic quarter in which the student enrolls based on the following schedule:

    • 1st quarter = Full tuition
    • 2nd quarter = 75%
    • 3rd quarter = 50%
    • 4th quarter = 25%

    Additional fees will not be prorated, regardless of when a student enrolls.

Note:

* Books and supplies (non-consumable) are included in the tuition for Pre-K 3 through Grade 4
** Books and supplies are purchased by the students in Grades 5-12
*** Matriculation Fees are waived for Pre-K 3 and will be assessed at the Pre-K 4 level. Financial Aid is not available for our Lower School program, grades Pre-K3-4.

Payment Options

List of 6 items.

  • Plan 1: Full Payment Plan

    A nonrefundable 20% deposit of the tuition is due no later than February 15.  In July, the remaining 80% of the tuition is due. With this payment schedule, Tuition Refund Plan (TRP) insurance is optional.
  • Plan 2: REGULAR PAYMENT PLAN

    Tuition payments at Canterbury School include both a nonrefundable deposit and the remaining tuition balance.  A nonrefundable 20% deposit of the tuition is due no later than February 15. In July, another 40% of the tuition is due, with the remaining 40% of the tuition due in October.  With this payment schedule, Tuition Refund Plan (TRP) insurance is optional.
  • Plan 3: QUARTERLY PAYMENT PLAN

    A nonrefundable deposit of 20% of the tuition is due no later than February 15.  The remaining 80% of the tuition is placed on a quarterly plan to be paid in four equal payments in July, October, January, and April.  There is a $250 per child annual service charge when selecting the Quarterly Payment Plan. Tuition Refund Plan (TRP) insurance is required with this payment schedule.
  • Plan 4: MONTHLY PAYMENT PLAN

    A nonrefundable deposit of 20% of the tuition is due no later than February 15.  The remaining 80% of the tuition is placed on a nine-month payment plan commencing in July, with the final payment being due in April.  You will be relieved of a monthly payment in the month of February when deposits are due. There is a $300 per child annual service charge when selecting the Monthly Payment Plan.  Tuition Refund Plan (TRP) insurance is required with this payment schedule.
     
  • Tuition Refund Plan Insurance

    Tuition Refund Plan (TRP) insurance, which protects your financial commitment against loss due to absence, dismissal, or withdrawal, is available to all families through Dewar, Inc.  Brochures explaining the benefits are available here and in the Business Office. For the 2018-2019 school year, pricing is based on 1.3% of the tuition (less financial aid) and billed to each student’s Canterbury FACTS account.  Tuition insurance is required when selecting Canterbury’s monthly or quarterly payment plan alternatives.

    2018-2019 ANNUAL TRP COSTS (1.3% of tuition)
    Pre-K3
    5 Full Days
    $141.31
    5 Half Days
    $97.83
    Pre-K 4 & K$237.77
    Grades 1 - 4$302.90
    Grades 5-12
    $332.80
  • FACTS Tuition Management

    Canterbury school has partnered with FACTS Tuition Managment Co. to provide our student billing service.
Note: Tuition payments at Canterbury School include both a nonrefundable deposit and the remaining tuition balance.